- Posts: 275
- Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:32 pm
- Location: Dallas, TX, USA
- Favorite Watch: GMT-Master
What you have here are three variations of the fake GMT fuchsia bezel inserts. As I mentioned in a post on rolexforums.com, there are different variations of these non genuine fuchsia inserts which are depicted below. Depicted below are just a couple example but there are more.
#1 and #1b is the same insert, which is faded and scratched to age the insert.
#2 is slightly aged with a blue back. This same insert can also be found with a fuchsia back.
#3 has the large triangle with the bowed sides like found on the late 1960s genuine Rolex inserts. It has has a fuchsia-colored back also.
#4 is a fairly thin insert, more malleable than genuine inserts. It also has a fuchsia back with a large dimple close to the rim of the insert.
Also of note is the variations in the backs on these inserts. Some are blue backs, some are fuchsia, and some are found with a circular dimple stamped into the back side. Additionally, I have received information now that the counterfeiters are coloring the blue backs fuchsia.
As you can see, one needs to be careful when buying inserts as depicted here. There are many variations of non genuine bezel inserts abound, many of which collectors have purchased in the past and are not aware that their inserts are not genuine.
To conclude, just be careful what you are buying and from whom you are buying from. Some sellers might be unaware that an insert they have for sale is not genuine, but, most sellers are probably aware that these non genuine inserts are fake.
- fuchsia.4.b.jpg (167.31 KiB) Viewed 689 times
- fuchsia.4.a.jpg (153.9 KiB) Viewed 689 times
- fuchsia.4.jpg (152.1 KiB) Viewed 689 times
- fuchsia.1.jpg.png (237.98 KiB) Viewed 778 times
- fuchsia.........1b.jpg (54.83 KiB) Viewed 779 times
- fuchsia.2.jpg.png (220.29 KiB) Viewed 779 times
- fuchsia....3.jpg (28.92 KiB) Viewed 779 times
- fuchsia.3b.jpg.png (216.35 KiB) Viewed 779 times